To join, you must apply and qualify for membership and agree to abide by our rules. A one time membership fee of $495 USD may apply. Please register and provide your contact information so we may speak to determine if this community is a good fit for you, your business, and our group.
As an SME business leader, owner, or advisor, thank you for driving one half of the gross domestic product in the top 17 countries around the world (according to the World Bank). We need you now more than ever!
I wish you much entrepreneurial success.
Global Business Advisors Forums
Leadership in the Face of COVID-19
Short Term: As a manufacture, what can be done now?
- Establish a triage team to manage the crisis.
- Be proactive.
- Don’t waste the opportunity: A Crisis or Recession is a Terrible thing to Waste.
What lessons can we learn?
- Focus on long-term and not quarterly profits.
- Don't ignore the warning signs.
- Avoid group think. Just because other organizations are "doing it" does not mean it's a good idea. As the guardian of an enterprise, there is a requirement to think beyond the current frame of focus.
- We need to think regionally.
- Focus on inventory velocity, part and process quality, and become a zealot for total cost of ownership.
- Software providers have done an excellent job of "selling" integrated supply chain solutions. However, how integrated can your enterprise be with 90 to 120 days of total pipe line inventory?
- Manufacture products regionally for regional customers.
- The stewardship of low-cost country sourcing.
- Imagine customer loyalty when your enterprise keeps products and services flowing when others can't?
Art Koch's Profit Chain® and Entropy Busters® are the registered trademarks of Arthur Koch Management Consulting, LLC.
© 2020 Arthur Koch Management Consulting, LLC, all rights reserved.