Welcome to the Global Business Advisors Forums where business leaders, owners, and advisors can interact, share ideas, celebrate successes, and build a global community of growth oriented entrepreneurs!

To join, you must apply and qualify for membership and agree to abide by our rules. A one time membership fee of $495 USD may apply. Please register and provide your contact information so we may speak to determine if this community is a good fit for you, your business, and our group.

As an SME business leader, owner, or advisor, thank you for driving one half of the gross domestic product in the top 17 countries around the world (according to the World Bank). We need you now more than ever!

I wish you much entrepreneurial success.

Phil Symchych
Founder
Global Business Advisors Forums
Please add your photo to your profile. Click on the far top right image (a circle with two dots), then select to Edit Profile, and Change My Picture.
Please be kind to others. Treat others as you would like to be treated. Be respectful. We are here to learn and share.

Embracing the New Normal

As we are all adjusting to the new normal of organizing our lives and conducting our businesses, I’ve had the opportunity to brainstorm with many of our clients as to ways of best utilizing our time. Here are the top 15 ways:

1. Reaching out to clients and offering our help
  2. Creating exciting new content in a variety of media formats
  3. Creating online courses
  4. Brainstorming with trusted advisors to identify new ways of innovation
  5. Submitting content to be published through various publications
  6. Participating in Zoom calls to learn, share and expand our knowledge 
  7. Taking on new learning
  8. Strengthening relationships through virtual connections
  9. Spending quality time with isolated family members
  10. Improving our health, fitness and our mind
  11. Organizing our physical and digital space
  12. Volunteering and taking on important causes
  13. Exploring nature and the outdoors safely
  14. Realizing that some aspects of this new normal will become our usual normal
  15. Preparing for the recovery

Although I long to quickly return to the world and the life I was accustomed to prior to this crisis, I also realize that this experience has provided me the opportunity to view life, business, family, and what is truly important and meaningful, in different ways and with greater appreciation.

I am convinced that we will uncover the good from this crisis and make our world a better place.  

Let us embrace the new normal and challenge ourselves to innovate to make it become our better normal.

(as sent in my weekly newsletter this week and also shared on social media and posted on my blog https://www.thechadbarrgroup.com/embracing-the-new-normal/)

Comments

• Chad,

As per your point 2 above regarding creating new content in various media: What is the easiest way to create a new video?

• edited May 2020

Hi Phil,

I thought that creating a video to answer your question would be the best way of answering. Hope this helps.

• Chad,

Great response! I will implement tomorrow.

How do we program the settings on YouTube so that it stays on the video you posted instead of promoting other YouTube videos?

Yes, please invite my Forum members to your upcoming webinar. You may post the invitation on the Forums and people can RSVP personally.

• Awesome, Chad. I've been using both Zoom and my iPhone to do this. My Quick Hitters is an example. I simply attach my phone to the tripod with the ring light, use the remote control to turn it on, wax poetic, and then end it with the remote. I can then AirDrop from phone to iMac and drag it into my YouTube channel and VOILA. The whole timeframe is about 5-6 minutes including the filming. You have demonstrated a great skill and I look forward to attending your webinar.

I also want to know the answer to Phil's question. Additionally, I have a colleague that uses videos such as you demonstrated to send emails to clients directly. Instead of writing, they use video for 30 second conversations. I'm going to check that out myself. What are your thoughts on that?